Applying for a Medical Degree
I would like to study a first-degree medical programme at Universität Hamburg. How can I apply?
For the degree programs medicine, dentistry and pharmacy, apply to the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung , if you are:
- a citizen of a member state of the European Union (EU)
- a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
- an applicant with a university entrance qualification obtained in Germany or at a German school abroad
- an international applicant living in Germany with relatives who are EU/EEA citizens and work in Germany (e.g. spouse or parents)
If you do not belong to one of the groups listed above, you can find further information on the application procedure for international prospective students on the website of the Campus Center of Universität Hamburg
For any further questions concerning the application procedure, please contact the Campus Center via the form for international prospective students .
Alternatively, you can ask your question using the Campus Center Forum .
What are the language requirements at the Faculty of Medicine of Universität Hamburg?
The language of instruction for medicine and dentistry is German. Sound German language skills are essential for your academic success at Universität Hamburg. When enrolling at our University, all prospective students must submit proof of sufficient proficiency in German.
Further information concerning the language requirements can be found on the website of the Campus Center of Universität Hamburg .
Applying for Medical Electives
I study medicine at a university outside of Germany. How can I apply for a final-year clinical elective at UKE?
- You are studying medicine at a medical faculty outside of Germany in your final year at the time of the elective
- You have completed the prerequisite core clerkships in your home institution
- Language requirements for all subjects except surgery: German B2 (CEFR)
- Language requirements for surgery: English B2, German A2 (CEFR)
Choice of subjects:
- You can apply for a maximum of two subjects
- Minimum length of stay per subject: 8 weeks
- Maximum length of stay in total: 16 weeks
- Elective in Tropical Medicine: First send a short CV to Dr. med. Stefan Schmiedel (firstname.lastname@example.org). After receiving a confirmation, you can submit your application documents to Svenja Anderson during the application period.
Next Application period:
For an elective in the academic year 2020/21 (01/11/2020 - 31/10/2021) please apply between 1 May and 15 May 2020.
- Application form (download available from April 2020)
- Dean's Letter/Letter of Support from your home institution that states
- the student is currently enrolled and in ggod academic standing
- the student is approved of completing the elective
- the expected date of graduation
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcript of Records (in German or English)
- Certification of your German language skills (unless native speaker)
- Copy of your passport
All documents must be submitted via email to Svenja Anderson .