Campus Research at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
On 22 March 2007, after only 21 months of construction, the new research building "Campus Foschung" (Campus Research) was opened on the grounds of the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE).
The campus research was conceptualized as a building available for laboratory use containing advanced research and administrative offices and an animal handling area.The building was designed to provide central meeting areas to facilitate the informal exchange of ideas and concepts between researchers.
On the following pages you will find information about:
Research areas at Campus ResearchLaboratory
Campus Research provides three different types of laboratory types:
- Type 1: Laboratory containing an extractor hood suitable for biochemical, molecular biological and/or cell biological activities
- Type 2: Laboratory without an extractor hood for cell biological activities
- Type 3: Laboratory containing an extractor hood suitable for biochemical, molecular biological and/or cell biological activities with additional working space
This modular organization provides the possibility for a felxible usage of the buildung based on temporarily limited scientific research projects.
User of Campus Research
Core Facilities im Campus Forschung
Room BookingSeminar room
On the ground floor of Campus Research one large seminar room and two smaller meeting rooms are availible. There rooms are preferentially bookable for the users of Campus Research, however, other interested parties may book them as well.
The seminar rooms ahve the following sizes and facilities:
- Large lecture room, room number 00.014: Size 115 m² for 50 persons; built-in facilities include a beamer, control panel with PC, projection screen, chalkboard, flipchart, and a pin board.
- Smallerseminar room, room number 00.010: Size 36m² for about 15 persons; built-in facilities include a whiteboard, flipchart, and pin board.
- Smallerseminar room, room number 00.012: Size 36m² for about 15 persons; built-in facilities include a whiteboard, flipchart, and pin board.
To book these rooms please use the availiabe tool: Room booking programm .
Communication: Campus Reseach Web Forum