Brochure 125 years UKE
The history of the University Clinic Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE) begins with the commissioning of the “Neues Allgemeines Krankenhaus Eppendorf” (“New General Hospital Eppendorf”) in 1889. Since it commenced operations, the idea of combining research and teaching for the well-being of patients has been a recurring theme throughout its history. Our challenge is to continue this theme in the future. This brochure tells the story where we have come from and where we want to go.