Our treatment scope
Our general psychosomatic outpatient clinic and the various specialist consultations, we advise patients with complaints from the entire psychosomatic illness spectrum.
- Depressive disorders with and without physical comorbidity
- Somatoform and functional disorders
- Somatoform pain disorders (e.g., chronic pelvic pain, CPPS)
- Hypochondriacal disorders (illness anxiety disorder)
- Dissociative disorders (conversion disorders)
- Anxiety disorders (panic disorder, phobias, generalized anxiety disorder)
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Binge eating disorder
- Stress-related disorders (posttraumatic stress disorder, adjustment disorder)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Psychological and behavioral factors in other diseases classified elsewhere
- Factitious disorder
- Personality accentuations and personality disorders (e.g. Borderline personality disorder, Narcissistic personality disorder)
Our consultations are based on current scientific-based evidence, follow the general treatment guidelines of professional societies, and are the result of many years of experience.
Our range of services
- General psychosomatic outpatient clinic for patients with psychological and psychosomatic complaints
- Various specialised consultations for specific disorders
- Expert opinion regarding planned bariatric surgery in cooperation with The Obesity Center Hamburg
- Diagnostic and differential diagnostic clarification
- Referral to day-clinic or in-patient treatment care in the Schön Klinik Hamburg Eilbek
- Psychosocial consultations for serious diseases and / or serious medical interventions
- Collegial advice regarding diagnosis and indications for other attending physicians
- Second opinions
- Advice regarding outpatient therapy procedures
- Cooperation with the Martin Zeitz Center for Rare Diseases
Day-clinic or in-patient treatment
Within the Schön Klinik Hamburg Eilbek, the University Clinic for Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy offers patients with psychological and psychosomatic illnesses day-clinic and in-patient care.
Patients of our psychosomatic ward receive a highly skilled diagnosis and treatment of physical disorders, which are jointly carried out with other departments at the Schön Klinik Hamburg Eilbek. In addition, the attending doctors and psychologists develop a psychotherapy program that is specifically geared to suit the clinical picture of each patient. It includes cognitive-behavioral, psychodynamic and systemic elements.
The psychotherapeutic treatment is conducted in both individual and group settings. As additional forms of treatment we offer art therapy, relaxation techniques, as well as physio and sports therapy. Couple and family sessions are also part of the treatment strategy and so is support in terms of social therapy and social work.The interdisciplinary treatment team consists of doctors who are qualified to do psychotherapy, psychologists, nurses, and specialized therapists.
When necessary at the conclusion of your inpatient stay, we will procure further day-clinic care or outpatient treatment for you. In doing so, we want to ensure that patients have professional assistance to transfer the new skills and experiences learnt in inpatient care to everyday life and continue to draw upon use these skills and experiences in the long term.