Epidemiological research / studies
Epidemiology focuses on research concerning causes of diseases and their advancement within the framework of large observational studies.
Our epidemiological research focuses on:
- Social Epidemiology - Migration Research
- Epidemiology of Stroke, Multiple sclerosis, Breast cancer and other diseases as part of cohort studies
- Statistical Methods in Epidemiology
- Health Monitoring in Developing Countries
- Development of Epidemiological Methods
Further details on selected studies:
- NAKO Health Study
- BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research) Project PERGOLA2 (German)
The Institute for Medical Biometry and Epidemiology methodically accompanies clinical and epidemiological studies. This includes:
- Support on the work on study projects (including Sample Size Calculation and Application)
- Assistance in preparing the Clinical Trial (including randomization)
- Performing Interim Analyses
- Conducting Data Plausibility Checks
- Conducting Data Analysis
- Preparing the Final Report
- Helping to create a Scientific Publication
- Editing Reviews
These tasks are carried out in close cooperation with clinicians, health care researchers and basic physicians, with whom the necessary funds are raised and with whom publications are published together.
If you are interested in carrying out an epidemiological study together, please contact Prof. Dr. Malte Kohns Vasconcelos.