The honorary office in the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)
Our voluntary staff members will support you with help and assistance during your hospital stay. Whether during a short walk with you on the premises of our Medical Center, or whether taking care of you in the ward - they will help you with all issues you may need assistance for during your hospital stay and will always have the capacity to listen to your relatives and visitors, too.
If you wish, the voluntary staff members of the Bundesverband der Organtransplantierten e.V. (Federal Association of Patients With Transplanted Organs) will support you and your relatives in the difficult period before and afer organ transplantation.
Our voluntary staff members will accompany you on walks on the premises of our Medical Center
- to events in the UKE , such as concerts, readings and church services
- to the barber or pedicurist
- on admission in the wards and on your way to examination rooms
Our voluntary staff members will take care
- of smaller errands of your everyday necessities, such as cosmetic products, beverages, newspapers or repair of glasses
Our voluntary staff members will support you or your relatives
- in the Outpatient Health Care Center, in the Intensive Care Unitm during central emergency hospitalization
They will have the time
- to listen to you
- to entertain you by e. g. reading out to you or playing games with you
- to organize phone calls for you
- to help you write letters and postcards
- to organize clothes for people in need from the UKE clothing bank
You can contact us directly if you come to the counter of the "Honorary Office in the UKE" in the Neues Klinikum - New Medical Center (010) or by asking your attending nursing staff.