Acute emergencies in all medical specialties (including obstetrics) are treated 24/7 in the Central Emergency Clinic. Children and juveniles aged up to 16 years are treated in the Children’s Emergency Clinic (Block N23). Patients with dental emergencies should go to the statutory medical insurance emergency service or the Bundeswehrkrankenhaus Hamburg.
The main entrance of the Central Emergency Clinic can be reached via Martinistraße on the left side of the New Clinic (Block O10) and is identified by the red sign "NOTFALL".
There are short-term free parking spaces in front of the entrance for acute emergencies. Otherwise you can pay to use the underground UKE garage beneath the New Clinic (Block O10).
Facts and figures
- Approx. 75,000 patients are treated every year in a total of 18 medical specialties in the emergency department
- 2 high-tech modern emergency trauma rooms
- 2 surgical suites
- A total of 18 general examination and treatment rooms, all with bedside monitoring
- 4 special examination rooms for patients in ENT, oral and maxillofacial surgery, ophthalmology and gynecology
- Consultation room for General Medical Emergency Treatment
- Admission ward with 16 monitored beds, incl. 2 isolation suites
- Certified National Trauma Center
- Certified Chest Pain Unit
- Certified Stroke Unit