Patient-centered care: evaluation and implementation
- Supervision of theses
The research group “patient-centered care: evaluation and implementation” addresses research questions related to the development and evaluation of interventions that aim to foster patient-centered care.
The main focus of the work is on patient engagement and shared decision-making, among other dimensions of patient-centered care.
One main research interest is on implementation studies that foster routine implementation of shared decision-making.
Another main research interest is related to the development and testing of measures to assess shared decision-making and other dimensions of patient-centered care. In this context, the research group also conducts systematic reviews of measures.
TeamDr. phil. Dipl.-Psych.Isabelle Scholl
Eva ChristalleM. Sc.
- Head of research group
Dr. phil. Dipl.-Psych.Pola Hahlweg
- Research assistant
Dipl.-Neurowiss.Anja LindigM. Sc. Neurocognitive Psychology
- Stellvertretende Forschungsgruppenleiterin
Dr.Evamaria MüllerM. Sc.
- Research assistant
Stefan ZehM. Sc.
- Research assistant
- Evaluation of a Programme for Routine Implementation of Shared Decision-Making in Cancer Care: A Stepped Wedge Cluster Randomized Trial. Study duration: 01.10.2017 – 31.09.2020, Funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Assessment of Patient-Centeredness through Patient-Reported Experience Measures. Study duration: 01.10.2017-31.09.2022, Funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- Evaluation of Option Grids to foster shared decision-making in the treatment of breast cancer. Study duration: 01.01.2015 – 31.12.2015, Funded by the „Forschungsförderungsfonds der Medizinischen Fakultät“ (FFM).
- Development of a program for routine implementation of shared decision-making in oncology (PREPARED), Study duration: 01.09.2013 – 31.10.2014, Funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Scholl I, Barr PJ. Incorporating shared decision making in mental health care requires translating knowledge from implementation science. World Psychiatry. 2017; 16(2):160-161
- Müller E, Hahlweg P, Scholl I. What do different stakeholders need to implement shared decision making in routine cancer care? A qualitative needs assessment. Acta Oncologica. 2016;Sep 8:1-8.
- Hahlweg P, Hoffmann J, Härter M, Frosch D, Elwyn G, Scholl I. In absentia: An exploratory study of how patients are considered in multidisciplinary cancer team meetings. PLOS ONE. 2015;10(10):e0139921.
- Scholl I, Zill JM, Härter M, Dirmaier J. An integrative model of patient-centeredness – A systematic review and concept analysis. PLOS ONE. 2014;9(9):e107828.
- Scholl I, Koelewijn-van Loon M, Sepucha K, Elwyn G, Härter M, Dirmaier J. Measurement of shared decision-making – A review of instruments. Zeitschrift für Evidenz, Fortbildung und Qualität im Gesundheitswesen. 2011;105(4):313-324.
Supervision of theses
- Hahlweg P (in preparation). Development and Evaluation of a program for routine implementation of shared decision-making in oncology. PhD thesis, psychology.
- Müller, E (in preparation). Facilitating the implementation of shared decision making in routine care through clinician-mediated interventions. PhD thesis.
- Kölker M (in preparation). Psychometric testing of the German version of OPTION5 Item. Doctoral thesis, medicine.
- Topp J (2016). Shared decision-making in physical therapy: Physiotherapists’ knowledge, attitudes and self-reported use. Master thesis, Health sciences.
- Doherr H (2016). Use of the 9-item Shared Decision Making Questionnaire (SDM-Q-9 and SDM-Q-Doc) in intervention studies – a systematic review. Master thesis, psychology.
- Romero I (2016). Shared decision-making in chronic care. An assessment of status quo in primary and secondary care in Hamburg. Doctoral thesis, dental medicine.
- Cömert M (2015). Assessing communication skills of medical students in Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCE) - A systematic review of measures. Master thesis, psychology.
- Didi S (2015). Assessment of the quality of decision-making in multidisciplinary team meetings: a structured observational study. Master thesis, psychology.
- Frerichs W (2015). Shared decision-making in oncology – A qualitative analysis of different stakeholders views on current practice. Master thesis, health sciences.
- Müller E (2013) Assessment of trust in the physician - A systematic review of measures. Master thesis, psychology.
- Pahlke S (2011) The German version of the Four Habits Coding Scheme – psychometric testing of a measure to assess medical communication skills. Bachelor thesis, psychology.