Educational films for strengthening the communicative skills of users of community interpreters
In cooperation with INTERPRET (Bern, CH), educational films are designed, produced and published, which are intended to support all institutional staff who use community interpreters for their communication with clients / patients.
Funding: EU Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF)
Duration: 28 months (2018/07 - 2020/10)
Keywords: community interpreters, refugees, interpreted conversations with clients, Professionals
Objective and structure of the project
In research and practice, a large number of communicative difficulties encountered by the use of community interpreters and working with third parties are known. In order to provide these users with assistance in conducting client interviews with interpreters, few materials are available in different text forms. This topic is also occasionally addressed in the context of cross-cultural trainings for professionals. In order to expand this repertoire significantly, the project will develop, produce, evaluate and disseminate freely available, clear, self-explanatory educational films. By using these audiovisual materials, the required communicative skills of this target group are to be strengthened on a broad basis.
The project is divided into five modules: needs analysis through qualitative interviews with the target group, with community interpreters and with experts (module 1), conception of the educational films (module 2), production of the educational films (module 3), testing and evaluation of the educational film offer (Module 4), final event and nationwide dissemination of the developed teaching materials (Module 5).
- Mike Mösko, Prof. Dr. phil., Dipl.-Psych., project manager, email@example.com
- Christoph Breitsprecher, linguist, M.A., Head of Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saskia Hanft-Robert, Psychologist, M.A. research assistant, email@example.com
- Jessica Terese Mueller, linguist, M.A./ M.A.-Psych., research assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERPRET - Swiss interest group for intercultural interpreting and mediation , Monbijoustrasse 61, 3007 Bern, Switzerland
- Mayring P. (2000) Qualitative Inhaltsanalyse. Grundlagen und Techniken. 7. Aufl., Weinheim: Deutscher Studien Verlag
- Häder, M. (2006) Empirische Sozialforschung. Eine Einführung. Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften: Wiesbaden