The Institute of Medical Biometry and Epidemiology offers biometrical and epidemiological consulting with prior appointment.
- The consulting is free of charge for all scientists and students of the UKE as well as for the UKE-affiliated hospitals.
- You can have up to 3 consultation appointments for a project.
- The duration of each consultation is approximately 1 hour.
- You will receive an appointment proposal within 14 days of registration.
During consulting or cooperation, please do not provide us tables with personal data (name, contact details) of your study participants/patients to keep data confidential.
Registration for Consulting
- When you wish to make an appointment for the first time, please fill out the online registration form.
- If you have already been in consultation and want to have another consultation on the same project, please contact your consultant directly.
- If you have already been in consultation and would like to have advise on a new project, please complete the online registration form.
- · Online Registration: Register for Statistical consulting.
Note: By filling out the consultation form, you agree for storing your data electronically in an internal database of the institute.
We offer following consulting services:
- Guidance in preparation of application at public third-party funding and authorities (e.g. ethics commission)
- Support in study planning (e.g. choice of endpoints, choice of study design)
- Advising and developing an evaluation concept
- Sample size calculation
- Queries on data management
- Assistance in choosing the suitable statistical tests
- Help in interpreting the results
- Assistance provided in publishing of results (with substantial participation in publication through the Institute)
Note: During the statistical consultation it is not possible for us to analyze the data. However, statistical analysis and assistance for biometrical projects, can be provided within the framework separately with cooperative agreements.