Mildred Scheel Nachwuchszentrum (MSNZ) Hamburg
Welcome to the Mildred Scheel Nachwuchszentrum Hamburg - MSNZ Hamburg
Our HaTriCS4 funding programm (=Hamburg Translational Research in Cancer: Stimulating, Shaping and Sustaining Scientific Careers) has set itself the task of strengthening young scientists in oncology. The Deutsche Krebshilfe supports our program over a period of 5 years.
Our programm is aimed at scientifically active physicians (Clincian Scientists) and scientists working in cancer research (Medical Scientists).
The declared aims are to strengthen interdisciplinary, interprofessional and interinstitutional cooperation and to create transparent and attractive career prospects and incentives for Clinicians and Medical Scientists in translational cancer research.
Specifically, we will implement the following points:
- the establishment, support and supervision of interdisciplinary partner laboratories, consisting of a team of medical and clinical scientists
- the establishment of a multi-stage, competitive tenure track system for excellent cancer researchers in order to create transparent, long-term career paths at the site
- the expansion of the Clinician Scientist concept to create guaranteed research freedom in everyday medical practice
- the inclusion of the partner network in the Hamburg metropolitan region and other academic university locations (Kiel, Lübeck) in northern Germany.
- further infrastructural measures:
- organization of an annual career exchange - Cancer Careers Day
- expansion of core facilities in the field of experimental tumor models and bioinformatics to support translational cancer research on site
- development of a structured and innovative oncological / tumor-biological teaching and training program for young scientists
- establishment of interdisciplinary mentoring teams
- demand-oriented supplementation of women/family support measures
In the coming weeks you will find further information on tender modalities here. Please check back regularly.
Thank you, your MSNZ team.