We support the scientists of the UKE and their collaborators in all aspects of transgenic mouse production. The facility is equipped with an injection- and implantation lab, a lab for molecular biology techniques, and an ES cell culture room. Our mice are housed in a special room in IVC cages, so that animals can be transferred to any other barrier of UKE at any time. We work in close collaboration with the FTH of the UKE.
- Pronuclear injection of DNA fragments, BACs and PACs
- Pronuclear / cytoplasmatic injection of RNA and RNA / DNA
- Injection of ES cells into blastocysts or eight cell stage embryos
- Implantation of injected embryos via infundibulum / uterus
- Cryopreservation of sperm and embryos
- In vitro fertilization
- ES cell targeting and culture including C57 derived ES cells
- Preparation of mouse embryonic fibroblasts
- Embryo transfer of complex mouse lines
- Isolation and purification of DNA fragments and constructs for pronuclear injection, electroporation and in vitro transcription
- Template preparation and in vitro transcription for injection of nucleases
- Genotyping via Southern blot analysis and PCR
- Design and cloning of constructs for "gene targeting" in mice and cells using CRISPR/Cas
- Extensive counseling for optimal project design
- Pronuclear injection of DNA-fragments, BACs and PACs
- Pronuclear/cxytoplasmatic injection of RNA and RNA/DNA
- Injection of ES cells into 8cellstage embryos and blastocysts
- Cryopreservation of sperm and IVF
- Cryopreservation of embryos
- Embryotransfer of complex mouse lines
- ES cell lines and antibiotic resistant mouse embryonic fibroblasts are available
- A collection of different Cre recombinase expressing and reporter mouse lines is available (some live, some frozen – please contact us in time).
- A collection of different useful vector is available as well.
If you need something in addition: Just ask! We like to help!
Please contact us in an early stage of your project by e-mail or phone (see contact). The same is true in case you have questions about mouse lines, colony management etc.
PD Dr. Uwe Borgmeyer (for „gene editing“, constructs etc.)
PD Dr. Irm Hermans-Borgmeyer (for mouse lines)
Ute Eicke-Kohlmorgen and Sarah Homann
Phone: +49 (0)40 7410 - 56663 or - 56655
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org