established in 1987 as the first center for basic research in molecular neurobiology in Germany (see History), has today five institutes, nine research groups, four guest groups and seven core facilities. The ZMNH Scientific Advisory Board (see below) advises the ZMNH in its strategic planning.
To promote scientific exchange and collaboration, there are various interdisciplinary teaching and training offers such as the ZMNH-based Graduate Program in Molecular Biology (ASMB), ZMNH-Seminars and symposia (see ZMNH Teaching, ZMNH Events ) as well as the Annual Blankenese Conferences .
Open positions are announced on the News websites of the ZMNH institutes and research groups.
Members of the ZMNH Scientific Advisory Board
Prof. Dr. Frank Bradke , Bonn DE
Prof. Dr. Christine M. Gall , Irvine CA USA
Prof. Dr. Magdalena Götz , Munich DE
Prof. Dr. Eckart D. Gundelfinger , Magdeburg DE
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Hohlfeld , Munich DE
Prof. Dr. Jackie Schiller, PhD , Haifa ISRAEL
Prof. Dr. Dietmar Schmitz , Berlin DE
Prof. Dr. Dr. Antoine Triller , Paris FRANCE
Current Collaborative Research Projects at ZMNH
- DFG Research Unit FOR 2289 "Calcium homeostasis in neuroinflammation and -degeneration: New treatment targets for the therapy of multiple sclerosis?" Project at ZMNH (Funding period 01/2019 - 12/2021)
- DFG Clinical Research Unit KFO 296 “Feto-maternal immune cross talk: Consequences for maternal and offspring's health” Project at ZMNH (Funding period 08/2018 - 07/2021)
DFG Collaborative Research Centre SFB 1328 “Adenine nucleotides in immunity and inflammation” Projects at ZMNH (Funding period: 07/2018 – 06/2022)
- DFG Priority Programme SPP 1738 "Emerging roles of non-coding RNAs in nervous system development, plasticity & disease" Project at ZMNH (Funding Period 09/2017 – 08/2020)
- BMBF-VIP+ project „Validation of small molecules that inhibit the ion channel TRPM4 for treatment of neurodegeneration in multiple sclerosis – TRPM4-VIP“ Project at ZMNH (Funding Period 01/2017 - 12/2019)
- DFG Priority Programme SPP 1665 "Resolving and Manipulating Neuronal Networks in the Mammalian Brain" Project at ZMNH (Funding Period 09/2016 - 08/2019)
- DFG Priority Programme SPP 1926 "Next Generation Optogenetics: Tool Development and Application" Project at ZMNH (Funding period: 07/2016 - 06/2019)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS) : „International Deprexis Trial in Multiple Sclerosis (IDEMS) - a Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial“ Project at ZMNH (Funding Period 04/2016 - 03/2020)
- DFG Research Unit FOR 2419 "Plasticity versus Stability - Molecular Mechanisms of Synaptic Strength" PIs at ZMNH (Funding period 01/2016 - 12/2021)
EU Joint Programme Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) Project at ZMNH (Funding Period 2016 - 2018)
- DFG Collaborative Research Centre SFB 936 "Multi-site Interactions during Development, Plasticity and Learning" Project at ZMNH (Second Funding Period 07/2015 - 06/2019)