Final year medical elective at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)
Application period for an elective in 2016
From May 1st to May 29th, 2015
May 29th, 2015
Final year medical student
- Good German language skills, corresponding to Level B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), exception: Surgery; German level A2, very good English language skills
- Application for two specialities at maximum
- Minimum duration per specialty: 8 weeks, maximum 16 weeks,
- Internal Medicine has to start at our elective dates
- Starting: each Monday
The communication language at the UKE is German. You will need German skills for the contact with patients, ward rounds and meetings.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer you placement in the following specialties:
Please send the following application documents:
- Application form
- Approval of home faculty (page 2 of the application form)
- cover letter
- Transcript of Records
- Certificate of German and/or English language skills
Please send your application documents to:
Medizinische Fakultät der Universität Hamburg
Prodekanat für Lehre
z.Hd. Giana Soulou
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will inform you if we can offer you a placement after the expiration of the deadline, at the latest.
After being accepted, you are required to provide proof of health insurance as well as professional indemnity insurance valid in Germany.
- We cannot offer you a salary, free food or free accomodation
- You are responsible for travel organization (e.g. visa) as well as accomodation in Hamburg.
Accomodation in Hamburg: