Final year medical elective at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE) and its academic teaching hospitals
Application period for an elective in 2017
May 7th to May 25th, 2016
The application procedure for an elective in 2016 has finished.
During the proposed elective students have to be in their final (6th) year of medical school.
- Good German language skills, corresponding to Level B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), exception: Surgery; German level A2, very good English language skills
- Application for two specialities at maximum
- Minimum duration per specialty: 8 weeks, maximum 16 weeks,
- Internal Medicine has to start at our
- Starting: each Monday
The communication language at the UKE is German. You will need German skills for the contact with patients, ward rounds and meetings.
- Application form
- Approval of home faculty (page 2 of the application form)
- cover letter
- Transcript of Records
- Certificate of German and/or English language skills
Please send your application documents to:
Medizinische Fakultät der Universität Hamburg
Prodekanat für Lehre
z.Hd. Giana Soulou
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You'll receive feedback about your application after expiration of the application period.
In case of acceptance you are required to provide proof of health insurance as well as professional indemnity insurance valid in Germany.
You are responsible for travel organization (e.g. visa) as well as accomodation in Hamburg.
Accomodation in Hamburg: