Final year clinical elective at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)
If you are an international medical student and you are interested in doing parts of your final year practical training at the UKE, then please apply!
Deadline for an elective in 2015 is June 30th, 2014.
Applications for 2014 are not possible anymore.
- Medical student in the final year of medical study
- Good German language skills, corresponding to Level B2 are required for communication in wards, during ward rounds and meetings.
- Minimum duration per specialty: 4 weeks, exception for Internal Medicine 8 or 16 weeks
- Maximum duration per specialty: 16 weeks
- Starting: each Monday, exception for Internal MedicineTo date surgery
is the only specialty you can apply for with German language skills below B2: German A2 is required as well as good English language skills equivalent to B2. However, also in Surgery contacts with patients, ward rounds and meetings are held in German.
Following specialties can be chosen for an elective:
Internal Medicine (The elective takes place in one of our attached teaching hospitals located within Hamburg. Further information (in German) on our attached teaching hospitals can be found here: Site PJ -> right side: Praktisches Jahr -> Detailinformation Akademische Lehrkrankenhäuser und UKE)
General Medicine (on demand only)
Unfortunately, we cannot offer you placement in the following specialties:
Please send the following application documents:
- Application form
- Approval of home faculty (page 2 of the application form)
- cover letter
- Transcript of Records
- Certificate of German and/or English language skills
Please send your application documents to:
Prodekanat für Lehre
or in advance via email: to email@example.com
After checking your application documents, we will inform you if we can offer you a placement.
After being accepted, you are required to provide a health insurance valid in Germany. A medical check-up will be performed before starting the elective as well as an online-training course on the electronic patient system. You will receive further information after being accepted.
- We cannot offer you a salary, free food or free accomodation
- You are responsible for travel organization (e.g. visa) as well as accomodation in Hamburg.
AStA website http://www.campus-hamburg.de/anzeigen/wohnboerse.html
- Hamburg Welcome Center: http://english.welcome.hamburg.de/
- Hamburg: http://www.hamburg.de/
- German language courses worldwide: http://www.goethe.de/