Final year medical elective at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)
Deadline for an elective in 2015 is June 30th, 2014.
Currently, free vacancies are only available from June 1st, 2015!
Final year medical student
- Good German language skills, corresponding to Level B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), exception: Surgery; German level A2, very good English language skills
- Minimum duration per specialty: 4 weeks, exception: Internal Medicine 8 or 16 weeks
- Maximum duration per specialty: 16 weeks
- Starting: each Monday
The communication language at the UKE is German. You will need German skills for the contact with patients, ward rounds and meetings.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer you placement in the following specialties:
Please send the following application documents:
- Application form
- Approval of home faculty (page 2 of the application form)
- cover letter
- Transcript of Records
- Certificate of German and/or English language skills
Please send your application documents to:
Medizinische Fakultät der Universität Hamburg
Prodekanat für Lehre
z.Hd. Giana Soulou
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will inform you if we can offer you a placement after the expiration of the deadline, at the latest.
After being accepted, you are required to provide proof of health insurance as well as professional indemnity insurance valid in Germany.
We cannot offer you a salary, free food or free accomodation
You are responsible for travel organization (e.g. visa) as well as accomodation in Hamburg.
Accomodation in Hamburg: