HEXT Core Facility Project > Bioinformatics Service Facility
Bioinformatics Service Facility
The Bioinformatics Service Facility (BIS) started operations in February 2011. The objective of this HEXT Core Facility is to provide researchers with expertise in the rapidly growing field of bioinformatics.
Services offered include consultation, data analysis, and software development. As a further commitment, the BIS organizes courses and workshops on applied bioinformatics.
The primary focus of the BIS is high-throughput data analysis. For most next-generation-sequencing applications the facility already provides fast and standardized data processing.
- Consultation on bioinformatics methods and resources
- Data analysis
- Design and implementation of custom software
- Software training and education (periodically and on request)
- Provision of computing resources
- High-throughput data analysis of genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics datasets
- DNA-protein interaction analysis (ChIP-seq)
- Discovery and analysis of SNPs and structural variation
- Transcriptome analysis (RNA-seq)
- Assembly of short-read data
- Identification of functional genomics elements, such as genes and regulatory sequences
- Over-representation analysis and gene set enrichment based on Gene Ontology and KEGG Pathways
- Homology detection and protein family computation
- Construction of scientific databases and websites to allow for systematical storage, management, and analysis of biologically relevant information
- Automation of analysis tasks through the development of software pipelines
The Bioinformatics Service Facility is open for all researchers. Services are free of charge.