| Home > Departments > Center for Diagnostic > Department of Clinical Chemistry/Central Laboratories > Mass spectrometric proteomics
Welcome to the Core Faciltiy for Mass Spectrometric Proteomics!
As a service unit of the department of clinical chemistry we routinely identify proteins via mass spectrometric measurement from SDS-PAGE- or 2DE-Gel-spots.
For MS-Analysis please download our MS-request form, available under "Downloads" in the right panel
Get a complete overview of the services offered by CF-MP
For routine protein identification the user is requested to:
- provide excised SDS-PAGE/2DE-Gel bands in locked tubes with detailed labelling (Date_Name_Samplename)
- CAUTION: Please read and follow our sample preparation guidelines for gel preparation, otherwise successful results cannot be guaranteed due to contamination e.g. by keratin
- Gel-samples can be delivered at room temperature and gel can be stored in tubes in a little excess of water or dried
- Please fill our MS-request form completely (available under "Downloads")
- Place the MS-request form together with the sample tubes into an envelope
- Put the envelope into our CF-MP Mailbox (located next to our office N27, ground floor, room 00.008)
- In addition please send us an email to "MS@uke.de"
- CAUTION: Samples will only be analyzed after an e-mail is send to inform the CF-MP about the sample delivery!
- MS/MS-data will be processed into a peaklist file (e.g. mgf or mzXML) which will be provided by us and send to the user via e-mail
- The user then needs to perform the protein identification by using Mascot (http://www.matrixscience.com/)
- For using Mascot please read the Mascot-SOP for protein identification (Analysis via LC/ESI-Q-TOF or LC/ESI-IT-MS) available under "Downloads"
Other samples as protein solution or other non-routine samples should be handed out personally to a colleague of the CF-MP.
Please send an e-mail to set up an appointment to MS@uke.de
Solution: Protein identification via mass spectrometric analysis of peptides derived from tryptic digest . (Click here to see a more detailed workflow)
Solution: Differential proteomic approaches (e.g. DIGE, SILAC, iTRAQ, Lable free quantification)